THE BIG PIG’S BIG PIGGY BANK CONTEST RULES
- You must be 18 or older to participate.
- You can only win once during the contest which runs through December 11th, 2015 or until a winner is determined on or beyond that date.
- Employees of Community Broadcasters and their families are not eligible to play.
- All cash must be picked up at the WPIG studios within 30 days or they are forfeited.
- In order to guess the amount of cash in the Big Piggy Bank, you must be the 7th caller at (716)379-9744. The game is played weekdays at 7:20am, 12:20pm and 5:20pm throughout the contest period.
- The 7th caller will be asked how much money is in the Big Piggy Bank. If the caller guesses incorrectly, the disc jockey will then tell the caller that the guess was too high or too low. Then the caller will be invited to try to be the 7th caller the next time the game is played.
- If a designated participant is successful in winning the cash will have to verify the name and address through an acceptable form of identification.
- Winners shall be responsible for any taxes imposed on receipt of the prize.
- All decisions made by management are final.
- Official rules are also available at the WPIG studios Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 4:30pm.
- Arbitration/choice of law: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of New York, U.S.A. pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
- Miscellaneous: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of New York in the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitations of liability:
- a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Rules, is void. Sponsor and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Sponsor with the proper contact information when such information is required.
- b) Neither Sponsor nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- Community Broadcasters reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
In the following rules, “CBLLC” means Community Broadcasters, LLC,:
1. Some CBLLC contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on CBLLC during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the CBLLC studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. CBLLC reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the CBLLC studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All CBLLC contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to CBLLC that will be presented to CBLLC and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the CBLLC studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the CBLLC main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. CBLLC reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. =Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. CBLLC reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond CBLLC’s control warrant.
13. CBLLC reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. CBLLC shall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding CBLLC’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of CBLLC, as defined at the exclusive discretion of CBLLC management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not CBLLC’s responsibility.
16. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the CBLLC studios.